About our Hotel
"If, like me, you love hotels (and the fact that you’re reading this is a good indication that you do), you’ll have ones you’ll like, ones you love, and the odd one you loathe. You’ll also have those that you’ll never forget for all the right reasons. But how many can you say have actually changed your life?"
Breakfast is included in your stay and we feel that there can be no better start to the day than sitting down to an abundant breakfast table.
Devised according to what’s in season and ready for picking in the garden, you can expect the freshest of just-blended juices, seasonal fruit, homemade muesli with a twist, freshly baked bread from our bakery, thick farm-style yoghurts and our own farm honey.
Our flagship restaurant Babel is open from Wednesday to Sunday for lunch, and serves up food that is seasonal and that reflects the "pick, clean and serve" approach in keeping with Babylonstoren’s farm-to-fork philosophy.
Our custom-built Greenhouse is open seven days a week from 10h00 to 16h00 and serves tea and other liquid infusions as well as light lunches of fresh salads and breads from our wood-fired oven, dressed with meats and cheeses.
Open from Monday to Sunday from 19h00.
Italian-inspired evening meals are served in the Bakery on Monday and Friday evenings. The three-course set menu starts with an antipasti followed with wood-fired pizza and round off with a delicious dolce and our famous coffee. On Wednesdays, join us for a five-course Meat Evening in our Bakery. We celebrate Italian meat with local is lekker. Enjoy your Babel Red wine and live accordion music while the coals are burning.
RELAX AND UNWIND AT OUR SPA
We welcome our hotel guests to come and relax at our Garden Spa. Our gym is overlooking the garden, for a workout with a view. The swimming pool is a restored farm reservoir and perfect for hot summer days.
Our hot spa is an exclusive area where guests can enjoy the use of the sauna, steam room, indoor heated vitality pool, tropical rain showers and salt room.
What you should know
INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY
- A Babylonstoren breakfast
- Full access to the garden at all times
- A guided Garden Tour and Farm Walk
- Guided fishing
- Bicycles to explore the 200 hectare farm
- Rowing at the dam
- Mountain drive (for a two-night stay and longer)
- Morning harvest with the gardeners
- Bread baking with the bakers
- Cellar tour and wine tasting
- Guest laundry – six items per room per day
- Babylonstoren Workshops
- Personalised larder in your room
- 15% VAT (subject to change)
Check in from 14h00
We will offer guests who arrive early the use of the facilities at our Spa to freshen up should their room not be ready for occupation.
Families are most welcome at Babylonstoren and children under 2 stay free if sharing a room with their parents in a cot.
Families of a maximum of 4 guests (regardless of age) to be accommodated in a 2-bedroom cottage at standard rates.
Families of 3 guests (regardless of age) share a 2-bedroom cottage at standard rates.
Please note the Farmhouse is not child-friendly and therefore we do not accommodate families for this accommodation option.
ENCLUDED FROM YOUR STAY
- Meals other than breakfast
- All drinks other than from the personalised larder in the room
- Spa treatments
- 1% tourism levy per room per night
- All transfers
Stay 4 Pay 3
1 May - 31 August 2019 Excluding groups of 6 and more rooms
R12 200 4 guests
R11 000 3 guests
- The Monocle Restaurant Awards 2018, Top 50 Restaurants
- National Geographic Traveller Big Sleep Awards 2017
- Conde Nast Traveler USA, The Gold List 2018
- Conde Nast Traveller UK, The Gold List 2017
- Tatler Spa Guide UK 2018
- Nebukandesar 2014, Gold at the 2017 Decanter Wine Awards