Farm shop sales assistant
Babylonstoren has a great opportunity for a people person who has a passion for retail and is not afraid to operate as part of a high-performance team!
- Relevant qualification
- Experience in the sales/retail environment
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Assisting guests with their product purchases
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Olive Plant Assistant
Babylonstoren has an exciting opportunity for an Olive Plant Assistant in the olive industry. We are looking for someone with a passion for the whole process, from picking to end product!
- A good knowledge of olive production, product development and product marketing
- A qualification in olive production will be a recommendation
- Experience in the olive industry will be a recommendation
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Valid driver’s licence
- Must be able to work over weekends and on public holidays upon request
- Management of the canning and oil production processes
- Olive marketing
- Olive production development
- Care of machinery and supervision of its operation
Please send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Media and communications internship
We’re on the hunt for the right person to join us as a media and communications intern!
Here’s what you need to know:
The position is a paid internship. You must want a career in lifestyle and tourism media. The right person for the job will be hard-working and dedicated, and someone who is looking to gain insight into and experience of the tourism media industry. You will be assisting with the day-to-day operation of the office, some internal design work, content creation, media visits and media administration,and location management of shoots. You will also have to run errands (which means that you will need your own transport).
We are looking for someone who:
is available to start immediately
is professional in the way he or she communicates and interacts with clients, the press and co-workers whatever the situation and whatever the deadline pressures
has strong digital skills with experience of design programs such as InDesign and Photoshop
is able to work to deadlines and multitask efficiently
has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is fluent in Afrikaans and English
is extremely organised, and has a laptop/computer
The shooting and printing deadlines you will have to meet will involve after-hours work and running around on the farm, so remember your hat!
Office hours: 08:00-17:00
Email your resumé with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Internship application’ in the subject line.
Calling all Chefs!
Babylonstoren is looking for professional chefs to delight our guests with excellent cuisine prepared according to the head chef’s recipes and specifications.
- Demi chefs
- Chef de partie
- Kitchen assistants
- Proven experience as a chef and a passion for garden-to-table cooking
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
· Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations
- Prepare ingredients that are likely to be available frequently (vegetables, spices etc)
- Follow the guidance of the head chef/sous chef/kitchen manager and help create new ways of presenting dishes
- Work on optimising the cooking process with attention to speed and quality
· Enforce strict health and hygiene standards
· Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation
Refer your application to email@example.com
Babylonstoren has an exciting opportunity for a Hotel Receptionist to join the Hotel team!
- Diploma/degree in this field will be a recommendation
- Experience as a Hotel Receptionist
- Neat appearance and professional demeanour
- Reliable and hard-working
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Prepared to work hospitality hours
- Experience of the OPERA system will be to your advantage
- Receive guests and check them in
- Check departing guests out and finalise their bills
- Communication with guests and colleagues
- Administrative tasks
- Build up a good knowledge of the winelands and what the area has to offer
Please send your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org